Online program that teaches reading, writing & comprehension
The first reading programs that use the “Phonics-PLUS” instruction system.
Reading Kingdom – 30 Day Free Trial – Click here to sign up
— Dr. Bradley Peterson, Director, Institute for the Developing Mind, USC“All three of my children report that they ‘love Reading Kingdom because it is a lot of fun.’ In fact, with adorable animal characters and engaging activities, they often don’t even realize that it’s a learning program. They consider it to be a fun game that they are ‘playing’. And since it is a customized program it is adaptable to their particular needs. As a mom and an educator, I feel a great sense of pride observing my children actively engaged in this program as I watch their confidence soar when they “master” a skill…In my opinion, what makes Reading Kingdom an exceptional program for use with my children is that it expands on the traditional phonics method to teach words that cannot be sounded out phonemically (the majority of words in the English language). In fact, my six year old son has wisely questioned me in the past asking, “Why can’t I sound out so many of the words in my book…that doesn’t make sense?” With Reading Kingdom…..learning to read finally “makes sense” to him.” –Maureen Ruble, homeschooler
“The Reading Kingdom is the answer to my prayers. As a homeschooler, I was desperate and determined to find materials to help my son read and comprehend better. Dr. Blank’s methods proved to be just what I was looking for. Everything she offers worked and was so easy to do! In very little time my son became a strong confident reader.”
— Colleen Dillon, homeschooler
Reading Kingdom teaches students to read and write with comprehension at a 3rd grade level (Lexile 750). It is the program that we recommend for mainstream students. Reading Kingdom’s innovative techniques are extremely effective because they are based on a new “Phonics-PLUS” six skill model of reading instruction and do not rely solely on phonics-based decoding instruction which is problematic because most words in English cannot be sounded out.
• Here is a video overview of the program.
• Read more testimonials here.
• The only program that uses the “phonics plus” Six Skill Integrated Method based on 40+ years of research by Dr. Marion Blank from Columbia University
• Program is adaptive and is personalized for each student
• Teaches students to read and write with comprehension at a 3rd grade reading level in only 12-18 months
• Works on any device with an Internet connection (including Windows, Mac, iPad, Android, Chromebooks, etc.)
• The program includes versions for ELL students and students 11+.
ASD Reading is a groundbreaking online reading & writing program
for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
ASD Reading – 30 Day Free Trial – Click here to sign up
— Dr. Suzanne Goh, MD, Harvard University
“ASD Reading has transformed our relationship with our daughter, Kate. Its reading and writing programs helped her develop critical communication and problem solving skills. Now Kate reads and spells at or above grade level and we can ‘talk’ with her about her interests and feelings via writing. It has allowed us to recognize her true potential.”
— Andrew Walling, parent
ASD Reading is a patented, research-based method for teaching students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other significant learning disabilities to read, write and comprehend at a 3rd grade level (Lexile 750). Current reading education relies on methods that do not work for students on the spectrum with the result that the majority never gain the ability to read with fluency or understanding. However, the innovative content and methods of ASD Reading enable students to achieve success – even when they are non-verbal (i.e., non-speaking).
• You can find some information and videos about the autism program Dr. Blank created at Columbia University here.
• You can find a number of articles relating to Dr. Blank’s research on teaching students with Autism here.
• Read more testimonials here.
Reading is the gateway skill that opens the door to all learning. But current reading education relies on methods that do not work for children on the spectrum with the result that the majority never gain the ability to read with fluency or understanding. However, the innovative content and methods of ASD Reading enable children to achieve success – even when they are non- verbal (i.e., non-speaking).
ASD Reading offers unique instruction methods not found in other programs:
• Research based and incredibly effective.
• It provides adaptive instruction.
• Works with Win, Mac, iPad, Android, & Chromebooks.
• Almost all children can use the program – even those who are non-verbal.
• Teaches students to read & write with comprehension at a 3rd grade level in only 12-18 months.
- Reading Kingdom
Please add your email address and we'll send you free homeschooling curriculum, resources & inspiration each month!