HUE Animation Studio is a STEM.org approved education tool that encourages creativity and imagination. Popular with homeschoolers and other educators, HUE Animation Studio includes the HUE HD camera, a single license of HUE Animation stop motion software and a 64-page HUE Book of Animation full of tips and ideas.
This is a creative and educational pastime that can be enjoyed by the whole family!
My younger kids like it – my older kids like it – even my husband has a blast with this! AND YOU can use it in YOUR homeschool endeavors!!
The HUE HD Camera
The HUE HD camera is a USB camera tht has a weighted base, flexible neck, a focus ring, and a microphone.
- Is a super tool for stop motion animation, live videos or time-lapse recordings (using HUE Animation in conjunction with the camera). Time-lapse recordings can be really interesting when used in conjunction with science experiments.
- Is a super fit for student presentations.
- Works for video journals (vlogging.)
- Is great for interactive whiteboard lessons.
- Can be an alternative to a basic microscope.
- Can be removed from its base and plugged directly into a USB port for use as a webcam with online chat applications, such as Skype™, FaceTime, Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger and every other major network. It can also work with web-casting services such as uStream.
There are system requirements. Unless your computers are really old, the requirements shouldn’t be an issue. The HUE HD camera works on all computers which have a USB port and support UVC ‘plug and play’ cameras, including Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista, XP), macOS (Mac OS X 10.4.3 and later) and most Linux distributions.
- Suitable for both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and macOS
- Also compatible with the 32-bit editions of Windows XP and Vista
- Universal Mac compatibility: works with both Intel and PowerPC Macs
- 128 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- Available USB 2.0, 3.0 or 1.1 port
- Microphone requires a compatible sound card and speakers (recommended 16 bit or higher)
Info on the HUE Animation Software
HUE Animation is easy-to-use, user-friendly software that lets users visually express their ideas. Just install from a CD or download the software installer from huehd.com.
Your kids can make a LEGO® brick film; animate their own characters with claymation or capture a flower as it blooms using time-lapse photography. They can use for fun, or for academic purposes. And you can too!
Again, there are system requirements – they weren’t an issue for us:
- PC: Windows 10, 8, 7 or XP and graphics drivers with OpenGL 2.0 support
- Mac: OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or higher and an Intel processor, or any Mac running macOS
- 512MB RAM (1GB recommended)
HUE Book of Animation
The HUE Book of Animation is a 64-page full color guide that features step-by-step instructions for creating 20 stop motion videos.
The book contains ideas for creative projects using claymation, pixilation and many other techniques.
Examples of HUE HD creations highlighted in the book can be found here.
You can view additional videos in the HUE Animation gallery on Creatubbles, and leave feedback for other creators in the form of bubbles and comments on their pages.
HUE Animation Studio Product Review – What I like about this product
- It fosters creativity. Gotta love that!
- It’s easy to use. My younger kids use it – as do my older kids. I’ve used it for interactive whiteboard presentations and as a microscope. This is a tool that works for EVERYONE in the family. My husband recently spent three hours “playing with” this educational tool.
- It makes learning fun. Fun learning “sticks” with my kids. Yours too?
- And while your kids are having fun, they may be learning about science, and gaining new software skills. That’s a win all the way around!
- Everything – and I do mean EVERYTHING you need to get started is included in the HUE Animation Studio kit. In fact, the box is a stage you can use for your stop action masterpieces.
- The camera is easy to use, portable, sturdy, and attractive (I like the overall design). And it contains a built-in microphone.
- The HUE software includes sound effects, printable backgrounds and activity sheets – plus, it allows users to add text and graphics.
- The HUE Book of Animation has step-by-step instructions for creating 20 stop motion videos. It’s a great starting point. Once your kids make a couple of these – get proficient with the software and techniques – they’ll come up with fun ideas of their own. You’ll enjoy watching their creativity bloom.
- The company offers so much help, including helpful hints, tutorials and the HUE Animation Studio Quickstart Guide.
- Is a Parents’ Picks Award winner – I almost always like Parents’ Picks award products.
Did you like this HUE Animation Studio product review? We really enjoyed writing it for you. You can check out our other reviews at https://www.howtohomeschool.net/curriculum-reviews
- HUE Animation Studio Product Review