Compassion is a faith-based child-advocacy ministry which helps children living in extreme poverty. They use a holistic child development model, and partner with churches and denominations in Africa, Asia, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America, to blend physical, social, economic and spiritual care to help children transcend what is often a generational legacy of poverty.
Compassion and their church partners provide holistic care that is personal, individualized, relational, and tailored to the child’s age, gender, health, culture and family situation. They take a long-term approach to what they do and go beyond simple involvement in the lives of the children they serve. In fact, in some cases, they begin with prenatal care and go all the way through leadership development for qualified young adults.
Here are some Compassion.com stats.
And here is Compassion’s FREE downloadable book that teaches small children about helping others.
It’s titled Goggles of Gratefulness.
This is such a darling book! The first four pages are below.
And here’s a little history behind this cute, message-laden book.
If you are interested in taking the lessons your kids learn in Goggles of Gratefulness to the next level, Compassion invites you and your children to do a birthday search on their site to find children in other countries who share the same birth dates with your kids.
Then, if moved to do so, you can sponsor your kids’ birthday buddies.
Goggles for Gratefulness Product Review – What do I like about the Googles of Gratefulness book?
- The message.
- The opportunity to talk to your children about those less fortunate, and how they can help.
- The opportunity for your kids to see how fortunate they are.
- The book doesn’t hit you over the head with any particular beliefs – it’s just a nice story that lets you talk to your children, and bring in your beliefs, as you see fit.
- This is a faith-based website, but even if you have different beliefs, you can get involved, and do good.
- The book is written in rhyme.
- The graphics are DARLING!
- The pages are mostly graphics, with easy to read print at the bottom of each page. This makes it easy for you to read to your kids – and easy for your kids to read to you.
- When you sign up to get the book, you can also sign up to get Compassion devotionals emailed to you – or you can download all the devotionals here.
Did you like our Goggles of Gratefulness and Compassion International product review? We really enjoyed writing it for you. You can check out our other reviews at https://www.howtohomeschool.net/curriculum-reviews
- ompassion International and Goggles for Gratefulness Product Review
Please add your email address and we'll send you free homeschooling curriculum, resources & inspiration each month!