Alpha Omega Publications (AOP) is a leading provider of PreK-12 Christian homeschool curriculum – and as you can see below, they really do offer lots of options!
For this review, we had the opportunity to check out AOP’s Monarch Christian homeschool curriculum.
Monarch is an online Christian homeschool curriculum for grades 3-12, that includes over 50,000 multimedia elements (video clips, audio files, challenging games, interactive exercises, and more).
With Monarch, you get access to 50 online homeschooling courses for up to 3 students in the five subjects of Bible, history and geography, language arts, math, and science. More on these five subject areas is below – plus info on electives too!
AOP – Monarch Bible
Monarch Bible offers a complete, online study of the Old and New Testaments. Developing a firm biblical worldview, this curriculum outlines how scriptural concepts apply to all academic areas. Using verses from the King James Version, these Bible lessons cover seven major themes – theology, the attributes of God, Biblical literature, Biblical background, Christian growth, Christian evidences, and special themes.
AOP – Monarch History & Geography
Monarch History & Geography is an in-depth, online study that increases students’ appreciation of God’s activity through history. This curriculum encompasses six major strands, including geography, history, government, citizenship, economics, and social studies. Special topics like career preparation and finance management also are included.
Alpha Omega Publications – Monarch Language Arts
Monarch Language Arts is an integrated online program that weaves reading, writing, spelling, grammar, composition, and speaking/listening throughout the units. Elementary grade students study English skills through an incorporated presentation, while middle and high school students focus on skill development, unit by unit.
Alpha Omega Publications – Monarch Math
Monarch Math trains students to successfully use mathematics in real-life situations. Major content strands developed at all grade levels include number skills, geometry, algebra, data analysis, and probability. Monarch Math uses mastery learning techniques to build upon previously taught concepts and promote independent cognitive reasoning.
Alpha Omega Publications – Monarch Science
Monarch Science focuses on explaining the physical universe God created, while developing students’ observational skills. The elementary and middle school grades present each area of science in an independent survey basis, while high school grades focus on a specific area of science, such as biology, chemistry, and physics. The four major strands flowing throughout the curriculum include life science, earth and space science, physical science, and the nature of science.
AOP – Monarch Electives
Monarch electives create depth and offer variety to traditional core studies. Available for elementary, middle, and high school grades, these Christian homeschool electives widen students’ knowledge and provide a well-rounded educational experience. Diverse electives allow for concentrated focus in specific discipline areas. Subject areas include world languages, history, literature, math, science, geography, health, civics, and preparation for GED testing.
To download the Monarch Scope and Sequence for each course/each grade, click here.
Want more info about this Christian homeschool curriculum? Watch the video below! 🙂
BTW, in addition to curriculum, Alpha Omega Publications offers educational books and games, support services, and an accredited online academy.
And FYI – Here is a lesson My 7th grade daughter worked on today. She really likes the AOP curriculum.
My Third Grader Worked on a Bible Lesson and a Science Lesson
Alpha Omega Publications Monarch Product Review – What do I like about this Christian homeschool curriculum?
- This Christian homeschool curriculum includes dynamic, media-rich lessons with over 50,000 multimedia elements.
- I’m a fan of Scope and Sequence.
- My kids enjoy the multi-dimensional educational experience Monarch offers. They especially like the video clips, audio files, games, and interactive exercises.
- I like how the lessons are presented. In the Math screen shots above, you can see that the lesson starts with Objectives and Vocabulary. You can then watch a video or read a transcript of a lesson (this is good for kids with different learning styles) – and the information presented is relevant/important. There are mini-quizzes, an end of lesson test, and immediate feedback throughout.
- I also like the convenience Monarch offers – 24/7 access is a plus. My 7th grader likes completing assignments at night.
- The curriculum is completely online, so there’s no software to install (I hate installing software on our computers).
- Monarch grows with my children. I appreciate the consistency this brings to our homeschool.
- This consistency makes it easy for me too – as I don’t have to shop for new curriculum each year.
- I love the assistance/help you receive, starting when you sign up. The Teacher Guide is over 200 pages and the Student Guide is almost 90 pages.
- Monarch is compatible with most web browsers on both Windows® and Macintosh® operating systems. This is a plus – especially if you have multiple computers in your home.
- Subscription options – I’m a fan of options, aren’t you? With a family subscription, you can get access to FIFTY courses for up the three students. That’s a good deal!
- No long term contracts – you can cancel any time. Not that we want to cancel – but it’s nice to know if an emergency comes up, and we have to take a month break from homeschooling, we can.
AOP Monarch Product Review – What I like about AOP:
- AOP has a complete selection of Christian homeschool curriculum with print-based, computer-based, and online formats. Really, there’s something for everyone!
- The company goes out of their way to help you in your homeschooling endeavors. AOP offers info on general homeschooling, placement tests, and more.
- AOP offers an online academy option. We haven’t tried it – but it’s nice to know it’s there – and it’s an option.
And FYI, Here’s AOP’s Statement of Faith
- We believe that both the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, revealing the three Persons of the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in God’s image, but is separated from God by sin.
- We believe that man is redeemed by grace through faith in Christ’s vicarious atonement for sins, the shedding of His blood on the Cross.
- We believe that the gift of eternal life is available to all men, that those who receive Christ by faith are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ, His imminent return, and the resurrection of His people.
Is this Christian homeschool curriculum right for your family?
Did you like this AOP Monarch product review? We really enjoyed writing it for you. You can check out our other reviews at https://www.howtohomeschool.net/curriculum-reviews
- AOP Monarch Product Review
Please add your email address and we'll send you free homeschooling curriculum, resources & inspiration each month!