And, there is a FREE Trial too!
CTCMath offers an online homeschool math curriculum for kids in grades K-12. Their curriculum teaches through the use of video tutorials, interactive questions, worksheets, detailed solutions, and reports. Our family absolutely LOVES CTCMath and I hope you will give it a try and love it as much as we do. I’ll tell you more about it below, in our CTCMath Review.
CTCMath is an online, subscription-based math program for kindergarten through high school. It is intended to serve as your core math program, although it could also be used to supplement other math courses if you’re so inclined to use it that way. It is used as our core math program in our household.
What I love about CTCMath is that each lesson begins with a brief tutorial that runs between 4-9 minutes. Tutorials use colorful graphics and animations with a voice-over explanation. After the tutorial, students are given a series of interactive questions. The program immediately scores their work, and it also maintains student records. Read that again…the program immediately scores their work and maintains student records! This is huge for our family, as we have multiple kids, multiple reporting requirements for our district (we still have to submit reports to our local district even though we homeschool), and I think it’s great to have this for their transcripts. When the kids go off to college, I will have all of this reporting!
If students don’t answer enough problems correctly, they can re-watch the tutorial if necessary and then tackle a different problem set. The program has a huge database and will present one or more additional sets of problems that are different from the original set so my kids can’t memorize the correct answers. They need to understand a concept before they can pass the test. Further, weekly review sets help students maintain skills with previously-taught material. Two of my kids were never fond of math until we started using CTC Math. Now it’s fun to them and I love seeing the joy on their faces when they get through a tutorial and pass their problem set. It used to be tears and frustration, and now it’s not!
Another aspect I love about CTCMath is that the lessons teach you theories in small increments with plenty of practice on each topic. As I mentioned above, two of my kids were never fond of math so I really appreciate how this program has changed their attitude about math. I credit this with the small increments in which it teaches students. The program is easy to follow along and understand. The program also allows students to go back and repeat lessons or jump ahead to a different topic if that is helpful. It’s really versatile and I feel good about using it with multiple aged children. Each child has a different learning level and way they learn so the flexibility of the program makes it very easy for any homeschooling parent to tweak the use of the program to match their child’s learning level and style. It’s fantastic.
My two kids who were never fond of math love the certificate of accomplishment for each section. For those two kids, I print out their certificates. It’s a fun way to celebrate their accomplishments for the week. Even if you don’t do what I do, you can still access detailed reports showing topics studied, time spent, quiz and test scores. Reports and certificates can also be automatically emailed to the parent or teacher as well.
Excited to try CTCMath with your student? Well, you’re in luck because there’s a FREE TRIAL to CTCMath!
Want to know what CTCMath looks like? This is What My Kids did Today.
Here is what my 4th grader did today:
Here is what my 7th Grader did today:
And here is what my two High School twins did today:
CTCMath Product Review – So, What do I Like about CTCMath?
- My kids are FINALLY enjoying Math! That’s HUGE! Since starting CTCMath, I’ve noticed a change in how they view Math – they’re more confident, and they enjoy Math more than they have in the past.
- The lessons are really thorough, with lots of explanation, yet they’re short and to the point.
- The lessons are a great fit for any learning style. The videos use synchronized audio and animation which harnesses both audio and visual learning styles simultaneously. Written material is also available in each lesson – making the lessons a great fit for many different learning styles. I don’t know about your kids, but mine definitely have different styles.
- Kids get immediate feedback – that’s SO important.
- Students learn at their own pace. Because of this, it’s a good product whether your kids are on track, ahead or behind.
- You get unlimited access to all lessons, across all grade levels. Kids can jump ahead, or go back and learn something they might have missed.
- Your kids can stay with this program for years. I like continuity for my kids – and honestly, it’s easier for me too (I don’t have to shop for a new program each year).
- There are detailed reports for parents/teachers. As a parent you can access detailed results at any time online and there is a weekly progress report that is e-mailed to you every week.
- I don’t have to teach Math! I admit, it’s one of the subjects in which I question my abilities, but using CTCMath means knowing they are getting a good education.
- CTCMath is NOT aligned to the Common Core!
- HowToHomeschool Readers get 50% OFF! The company offers monthly and yearly memberships. For one student, the cost is
$29.97$14.97 a month or $197$98.50 a year. For more than one student, the company charges $3 9.97$19.97 a month or $297$148.50 a year. For more information about their Homeschool family rates, click here. Plus, there’s a FREE trial.
- All CTCMath content runs on devices such as iPads, iPhones, and Android devices for learning on the go. My middle schooler and my high schoolers appreciate this.
- The CTCMath website offers various online games. Games are always a plus when my kids are tired of taking tests or typical learning activities. It’s nice to be able to mix things up sometimes, and CTCMath offers that ability.
CTCMath Product Review – In Closing
In my opinion, CTC Math is an excellent option for math. It is easy to navigate, and it is efficient in both the tutorials and the presentation of problems to solve. The fact that students can review and practice as needed is a real plus. Students can watch tutorials or jump in and try to complete the problems without watching the tutorial if they think they already know the concept. This is a really great homeschool math program. We’ll be using it this year and in the future.
Did you like our CTCMath product review? We really enjoyed writing it for you. You can check out our other reviews at https://www.howtohomeschool.net/curriculum-reviews
- CTCMath Product Review