And, there is a FREE Trial too!
CTCMath offers an online homeschool math curriculum for kids in grades K-12. Their curriculum teaches through the use of video tutorials, interactive questions, worksheets, detailed solutions, and reports. More on each of these follows, in our CTCMath product review.
Each of the 1,400+ CTCMath tutorials last around 4-9 minutes and presents the concepts of the math lesson step-by-step.
Completing the Interactive Questions or Worksheet
Following each math tutorial there are interactive questions or an optional printable worksheet which tests the understanding of key concepts. Feedback is instantaneous.
Answers are entered into CTCMath automated marking system which then stores the results in each individual student’s ongoing progress report.
One Page Solutions/Summaries
A printable one page summary of each tutorial provides the student with concise and complete notes from the math tutorial. This info provides immediate feedback, and is great for those that learn best by reading content. Plus, this information is ideal as a reminder for homework, revision and review.
After answers have been submitted, printable fully worked solutions are available showing every step which should have been taken to reach the correct answer. Again, this provides immediate feedback, and is ideal as a reminder for homework, revision and review.
Marking and Reports
Ongoing progress reports are built for each student. This helps parents and students in identifying weaker areas that require further study. Every math lesson a student attempts is logged and the results stored along with statistical information detailing when they passed, what they scored and how much time and effort they put into the lesson.
This process really works.
And Guess What? There’s a FREE TRIAL to CTCMath!
CTCMath product review – FYI – This is What My Kids did Today.
My 4th Grader’s Lesson Follows.
My Middle Schooler’s Lesson Looked Like this Today.
And Screenshots from My High Schooler’s Lesson are Below.
CTCMath Product Review – So, What do I Like about CTCMath?
- My kids are enjoying Math! That’s HUGE! Since starting CTCMath, I’ve noticed a change in how they view Math – they’re more confident, and they enjoy Math more than they have in the past.
- They’re “getting” the info that’s presented! Again, that’s HUGE when it comes to a homeschool math program!
- The lessons are really thorough, with lots of explanation.
- Yet, they’re short and to the point.
- The videos use synchronized audio and animation which harnesses both audio and visual learning styles simultaneously. Written material is also available in each lesson – making the lessons a great fit for many different learning styles. I don’t know about your kids, but mine definitely have different styles.
- Kids get immediate feedback – that’s important.
- Students learn at their own pace. Because of this, it’s a good product whether your kids are on track, ahead or behind.
- You get unlimited access to all lessons, across all grade levels. Wow – that’s a BIGGEE! Kids can jump ahead, or go back and learn something they might have missed.
- Your kids can stay with this program for years. I like continuity for my kids – and honestly, it’s easier for me too (I don’t have to shop for a new program each year).
- As a parent you can access detailed results at any time online and there is a weekly progress report that is e-mailed to you every week. I appreciate the e-mail report. Sometimes I forget to long on and check online.
- I don’t have to teach Math! I admit, it’s one of the subjects in which I question my abilities.
- Guess what? CTCMath is NOT aligned to the Common Core!
- Cost savings. Homeschoolers get a half-price discount on CTCmath! The company offers monthly and yearly memberships. For one student, the cost is
$29.97$14.97 a month or $197$98.50 a year. For more than one student, the company charges $3 9.97$19.97 a month or $297$148.50 a year. For more information about their Homeschool family rates, click here. Plus, there’s a FREE trial.
- All CTCMath content runs on all modern HTML5 platforms, including iOS devices such as iPads and iPhones, and Android devices. My middle schooler and my high schooler appreciate this.
- The CTCMath website offers various online games. Games are always a plus!
CTCMath Product Review – In Closing
This is really a great homeschool math program. We’ll be using it this year and in the future.
Did you like our CTCMath product review? We really enjoyed writing it for you. You can check out our other reviews at https://www.howtohomeschool.net/curriculum-reviews