Homeschool with JoyFully Read!™
Help Your Own Children and Co-op Read
JoyFully Read!™ is a 3 step, multi-sensory program, that take students from the beginning level of reading (learning phonemes) to being an independent reader. JoyFully Read!™ is designed to eliminate teacher preparation time (lesson plans/suggestions are included in the Teacher Kits), encourage family support, and give homeschoolers the ability to easily incorporate reading into their busy lives.
And to support homeschool families, JoyFully Read!™ offers Homeschool Bundles at a highly discounted rate. Bundles include Teacher Kits, student workbooks, flashcards, music CDs, readers, practice cards, posters, stickers, game cards, and reward certificates. Contents are all color-coded, pre-cut, and made to last.
JoyFully Read!™ – Putting the Joy Back into Reading!
3-Steps. Which Step Should You Start with?
You should start with the 1st Step if your student:
- is just beginning to read
- has not mastered the entire alphabet in terms of letter sounds (knowledge of letter names doesn’t matter at this point)
- has not mastered basic blending
- has not mastered basic segmenting
- has not mastered the *listen/say process (auditory processing)
- needs introduction/a great deal of practice writing individual letters
Your student is ready for 2nd Step if she:
- has mastered all basic letter sounds (knowledge of letter names doesn’t matter at this point)
- has mastered the blending process in simple 3 letter words
- has mastered the segmenting process in simple 3 letter words
- shows readiness for weekly “spelling lists/tests”
- can write letters satisfactorily
- does well with the *listen/say process
- has sight word knowledge up to K level
Your student is ready for 3rd Step Part 1 if she has mastered all of the previously listed skills, and has:
- mastered sh, th, ck, ch, VC, CVC, CCVC & CVCC, blending, segmenting, and auditory processing
- confidence in writing legibly
- spelling skills that include all Dolce Frequency Words through Level K, including some more advanced level words
Your child is ready for 3rd Step Pt. 2 if he has mastered all of the previously listed skills, and has:
- mastered qu
- “ ’c’ followed by ‘e, i or y’ ” practice
- “vowel, consonant + e” practice
- knows all vowels long and short sounds and their common spellings (there are about 60)
- mastered spelling at a level of at least Grade 2
- the ability to Listen /say. The teacher says the word, the student listens, and is then able to say each sound in the word, as well as pick them out visually (spell)
Note: If your student is starting 3rd Step Pt. 2 with no prior JoyFully Read! instruction, you do need to purchase the green 3rd Step Pt.1 sound cards.
Here are pics from the Parent & Teacher Program Information Notebook:
And here are some pages from the Student Workbook:
And look at all the FUN stuff! Of course, it’s educational too!
JoyFully Read!™ Product Review – What do I like about this program?
- It works! 🙂 🙂 🙂
- It works for kids that are behind, on target, and excelling at learning how to read. This program helps kids with dyslexia how learn to read too
- The program enables students to associate reading with positive, achievable, genuinely joyful experiences. How wonderful is that!?!
- The program is FUN. Music, games/exercises, workbooks, fun characters, and flashcards are used in just about every session. Plus, there is Game Time!
- MUSIC! I know, I mentioned this already, but I love pairing music with learning – my kids tend to remember info better if combined with music.
- Overall philosophy – it’s OK to make mistakes – life is about practicing, making mistakes, fixing them and moving forward. We can do hard things.
- It’s a very positive program, with lots of praise.
- The quantity of materials.
- The quality of materials (good for large families and co-ops).
- It’s multi-sensory – so it works well for all learning styles.
- I like how the sessions are set up – each 45 minute lesson includes: Stage 1 – 5 minute warm up/review; Stage 2 – a 25 minute lesson; Stage 3 – a 15 minute game; and Stage 4 – a one minute challenge and session reward. Kids choose a daily challenge to work on.
- I LOVE the cute characters – Taf the Cat ad Tom the Dog.
- It’s user-friendly. It’s organized. It makes sense. And there’s no prep time. Really, it’s a breeze to use.
- The company gives you plenty of help along the way, including training videos for every Step.
- You can purchase separately or as a set – I appreciate options.
- This company was started by a homeschool mom of five. I like supporting other homeschoolers, don’t you?
Did you like our JoyFully Read!™ Product Review? We really enjoyed writing it for you. You can check out our other reviews at https://www.howtohomeschool.net/curriculum-reviews
- JoyFully Read!™ Product Review
Please add your email address and we'll send you free homeschooling curriculum, resources & inspiration each month!